Zoom Smart Recording
The Smart Recording feature allows you to organize your cloud recording into sections called smart chapters, get the key takeaways in a quick and digestible format through recording highlights, and identify action items to take after the meeting or webinar with next steps. This feature is especially useful for long meetings and webinars – such as a lecture, brainstorming session, or company all-hands – where you may want to divvy up the recording for easier viewing.
To enable Smart Recording for your own use:
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- In the navigation menu, click Settings.
- Click the Recording tab.
- Verify that the Cloud recording setting is enabled.
- If the setting is disabled, click the toggle to enable it. If a verification dialog appears, click Enable to verify the change.
- If the option is grayed out, it has been locked at either the group or account level. You need to contact your Zoom admin.
- Under Advanced cloud recording settings, select the check boxes next to Create audio transcript and Smart Recording.
- (Optional) Select or clear any of the following check boxes as desired.
Note: If you clear all the check boxes, Smart Recording will be disabled.
- Create recording highlights: Zoom will automatically highlight the most important parts of the recording. Hosts can adjust the highlights as needed and share the video summary with users.
- Create smart chapters: Zoom will automatically group sections of the recording into chapters with an overview. Hosts can edit the chapters manually.
- Create next steps: Zoom will automatically summarize any actions to take after the recorded session. Hosts can edit the next steps manually.
- Click Save.