Elevate Classroom Engagement with Microsoft Forms
Baylor University's faculty have a powerful new tool at their disposal to enhance classroom interaction and engagement. Microsoft Forms, a dynamic survey and simple quiz platform seamlessly integrated within the Office 365 suite, has introduced its latest feature – Present Live mode. This new addition is set to transform how educators share content and connect with students in the classroom, offering distinct advantages over many competing solutions.
- Instant Interaction: Engage students like never before with the new "Present Live" mode, making forms and quizzes interactive and captivating in the classroom or online.
- Easy Access: A simple click on the "present" icon gets you started. Plus, QR codes and shortened URLs enable students to access content effortlessly via their smartphones. No additional cost for educators or students!
- Real-time Results: No more waiting for responses. See dynamic updates as students engage, making your teaching more adaptive and effective.
- Seamless Integration: Microsoft Forms effortlessly integrates with Microsoft PowerPoint or through Office 365 directly, providing a unified experience for both educators and students, setting it apart from existing campus solutions like Point Solutions, which comes with costs for students, and Mentimeter, which lacks user registration or full Office 365 integration.
- Flexible Permissions: Tailor accessibility with different permission settings. Open for anyone to respond or require authentication for a controlled environment. Requiring authentication with Baylor credentials can ensure a secure and controlled environment for data collection and analysis.
- Attendance Tracking: Record responses exclusively from signed-in students, streamlining attendance monitoring without any hassle.
- Enhance Canvas Courses: Easily embed forms into Canvas course pages for quick knowledge checks, reinforcing learning and boosting student understanding. Educators can leverage this tool to reinforce learning concepts, assess comprehension, and adapt teaching strategies accordingly.
Capturing the attention and interest of students is crucial for effective teaching, and Microsoft Forms' new live presentation capabilities are designed precisely for that purpose. With the intuitive "present" mode, educators can effortlessly showcase forms and quizzes during class, fostering deeper engagement and active participation from students. Accessible through a simple click on the "present" icon in the platform's top right corner, this mode provides a seamless experience for both educators and students.