UDOIT Advantage Cloud Accessibility Tool
Baylor University is proud to announce that it has partnered with Cidi Labs to offer UDOIT Advantage to our faculty. UDOIT Advantage is a powerful tool that helps instructors create accessible and inclusive online courses in Canvas.
UDOIT (pronounced “You Do It”) stands for Universal Design Online content Inspection Tool. It scans Canvas courses, identifies accessibility issues, and provides guidance to fix them with ease. UDOIT Advantage is an enhanced version of UDOIT that offers more features and benefits for instructors, such as:
- A simple interface that is intuitive and easy to use within Canvas
- A comprehensive report that shows all the identified accessibility issues in a course and how to fix them
- A quick fix option that allows instructors to correct common issues with one click
- A preview option that lets instructors see what their content will look like after fixing the issues
- A dashboard that tracks your progress and shows a course accessibility score
- A file scanner that can create alternate versions of certain file types
- A support center that provides tutorials, videos, FAQs, and live chat
By using UDOIT Advantage, instructors can ensure that their online courses meet the accessibility standards and best practices recommended by Baylor University and the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1. They can also improve the learning experience and outcomes for all their students, especially those with disabilities or diverse needs.
To start using UDOIT Advantage, locate UDOIT Cloud in your course navigation menu, and simply click on it in your course. You will be prompted to authorize UDOIT Advantage to access your course content. Once authorized, UDOIT will scan the course and start recommending solutions for any accessibility issues.
Baylor University is committed to providing accessible online education for its faculty and students. With UDOIT Advantage from Cidi Labs, it hopes to achieve this goal more effectively and efficiently.
For more information about UDOIT Advantage, please visit https://helpdeskplus.web.baylor.edu/UDOIT.